(1 skatās) (1) Viesis
  • Lapa:

Tēma: New Packers coach Matt LaFleur has never been

New Packers coach Matt LaFleur has never been 4 gadi, 5 mēnēši atpakaļ #3119

• liny195
  • PROM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ziņojumi: 87
a head coach at any level Jaire Alexander Jersey , so he won’t have a wealth of experience to draw from when he gets in game situations this year. He’s hoping he has numbers on his side.Via Pete Dougherty of the , LaFleur has been thinking about the role of analytics in his future decision-making process, and is implementing plans to use numbers as a tool. He didn’t hire a specific game-management coach as others have, but he retained Mike McCarthy’s analytics staff, and plans to have General Manager Brian Gutekunst come up with specific situations during OTA practices to test his decision-making. He did similar things as the offensive coordinator of the Titans, but the pressure is obviously different now.“Being the play caller I want to think on my feet,” LaFleur said. “Tell me you’re going to throw one in — and we’ll throw one in randomly, because that’s what this game is about, it’s about sudden change, it’s about being able to react to any adversity.‘[In Tennessee] it was really beneficial, because there were a couple times where I was like Josh Jackson Jersey , ‘Ooof.’ I’m trying to think real fast, I haven’t thought about this, what am I going to do? Then you do whatever you can in that moment, then go back and reflect, OK, was it good or could I have done something different?”He’s going to meet regularly with his staff during the offseason, to create those scenarios to test players (and himself) in practice, as he learns the whens and the hows of being in charge.“Numbers are great but they don’t tell the whole story,” LaFleur said. “That’s why I think you need to go along with the story. You can’t just blanket-statement stuff. . . . Going back to [an end-of-half] example, who’s the quarterback? How’s our defense playing? There are so many variables you have to take into account. Sometimes you have to trust your gut.”That might sound like an old-school coach’s take, but LaFleur seems prepared to embrace the help Oren Burks Jersey , as he enters a new realm of responsibility.Reliving the five best moments of Aaron Rodgers’ miracle comeback For nearly a year, Green Bay Packers fans waited with patient enthusiasm to see No. 12 step back onto the field for the first time. Following last year’s devastating collarbone injury in week six against the Vikings that left Aaron Rodgers sidelined for the remainder of the 2017 season, Mike McCarthy opted to sit the quarterback for almost the entire month of August, playing him for just four snaps in the second preseason game against the Steelers. Resting Rodgers was the safe bet, because after all protecting the franchise player at all costs is always the goal. So when the Chicago Bears announced they had traded for Khalil Mack, the best pass rusher and most explosive defensive player in the league, a major curveball had been thrown in the Packer’s week one plans. Protecting the franchise player at all costs had just become ten times more difficult. As often happens in the season opener, the Packers struggled to find their footing in the first quarter against Chicago on Sunday night. Aside from the defense that was already struggling to contain Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, the offensive line was being completely overpowered by a Bears front featuring the newly-acquired Mack. On several snaps, Mack bull-rushed Bryan Bulaga, who looked wholly unable to keep up J’Mon Moore Jersey , right into the pocket, forcing Aaron Rodgers to get the ball out quickly under pressure. Then, down 10-0 and with just over nine minutes left in the second quarter, Bears DE Roy Robertston-Harris rushed right past Corey Linsley for a shot at Rodgers just as Mack was once again able to overpower Bulaga for hit of his own. Aaron Rodgers was down again, this time grabbing his knee and taking him out of the game. For the rest of the second quarter and the entire halftime break, it was looking like there was a possibility that Rodgers’ season was over just as it was getting started. But as Rodgers often does, he shocked everyone watching when he jogged out of the tunnel to start the second half. What ensued in the remaining two quarters of the Sunday night primetime game against the NFC North rival Chicago Bears on the anniversary of the Packers 100th season is nothing short of a miracle. With a twenty point deficit, Aaron Rodgers went 20/30 for 286 passing yards and three touchdowns — all on one leg — to win the game 24-23 making it the Packers largest 4th quarter comeback since 1940. Aaron Rodgers worked an absolute miracle, to put it lightly. On that note, these are the five decisive plays by Aaron Rodgers (in chronological order) in the second half that brought the Packers one of the most historic wins in franchise history. Aaron Rodgers hit a 15-yard dime over the middle to Geronimo Allison, who ran a perfect route on 3rd and 14 with 1:26 left in the 3rd quarter. With pristine protection from the line Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey , that pass set up a first down that was followed by another 10-yard first-down pass to Allison on the next play. 2. Rodgers threw it up to find Allison once again, this time for a 39-yard touchdown pass in the back of the end zone with 14:10 to go in the 4th quarter. Allison was in one-on-one coverage with Kyle Fuller who had struggled all night. 3. After a quick three and out from the Bears. Rodgers was back on the field and hit Davante Adams for a huge 51-yard gain on 2nd and 10. 4. With just under nine and a half minutes left in the 4th quarter, Rodgers slung it out to Davante Adams again who ran it right into the end zone, putting the Packers within three points of the Bears. 5. The Packers defense had another big stop on 3rd and 1 with the Bears just an earshot from the end zone to hold Chicago to a field goal. With 2:29 left to play on a 3rd and 10, Rodgers hit Randall Cobb for the definitive 75-yard touchdown pass, giving the Packers the win. Sunday night’s win over Chicago was nothing short of awe-inspiring. Hobbled on one leg, Aaron Rodgers led the packers to the second-largest comeback in franchise history at Lambeau Field. For the players and for the fans, the way he stepped up and led Green Bay to a victory is something no one will ever soon forget.
  • Lapa:
Laiks lapas ielādēšanai: 0.23 sekundes